U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: P. Maroon (correction)

Re: P. Maroon (correction)

On Aug 18, 2008, at 4:45 PM, Katharine Thayer wrote:

Odd, it's listed in the new DS catalog, but I don't find it on the page where the colors are shown in swatches.
Oops, found it; I just wasn't looking in the right place. It's actually next (in the color progression) to Deep Scarlet. In the other swatches I've seen (such as on the handprint site) and according to the handprint description as well, the PR 179 looks rather dull and brown like dried blood, not a pretty color to me, while the deep scarlet dries a rich deep scarlet, as you can see in my swatches. But the proof is in the pudding, and since I haven't used PR 179 to any extent, I can only speak for the PR 175, which as I've said has proved in my experience to be a very beautiful and useful color. YMMV, as they say.
kt