U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | RE: Degradation - Toned Cyanotypes

RE: Degradation - Toned Cyanotypes

Looks great! I have been proved wrong before. Thanks.

-----Original Message-----
From: Loris Medici [mailto:mail@loris.medici.name]
Sent: Saturday, August 23, 2008 6:07 PM
To: alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca
Subject: Degradation - Toned Cyanotypes

That depends on what you mean by degradation... See one of my split toned
cyanotypes below:

http://www.loris.medici.name/Cappadocia-Split-Toned-Cyanotype.jpg

This was bleached in a weak Sodium Carbonate solution, and then toned in
tannic acid (snatched the print before darkest tones got bleached). I like
its tonally and the complexity of the color. I wouldn't call this
degradation at all. AFAIK, prints toned that way are pretty stable - but
not as stable as plain untoned cyanotypes...

24 Ağustos 2008, Pazar, 12:20 am tarihinde, joachim oppenheimer yazmış: