U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: RES: Scanning

Re: RES: Scanning

Jack's advice seems right on target too. That Epson V700 is sweet; they have a model a bit more expensive (V750?) that comes with tray and stuff for liquid mounting of slides and chromes. Neat but not what you'd want in a classroom situation.

About scanning software. A few years ago I had a conflict with a SCSI card and Polaroid software. It looked like a new SCSI card was in order but I was loath to purchase one of those 'cause SCSI was a dying protocol. Instead, VueScan software (www.Hamrick.com) saved the day. VueScan supports HUNDREDS of scanners, has a clean interface and, if you get the Pro version (not that much more $$), you get lifetime upgrades so you'll never be stuck spending more money for Snow Leopard, Vista Service Pack 583 or anything else down the road. It's very good scanning software that you can use on just about any scanner on the planet.

Hope this helps!

Dan

info@DanBurkholder.com
www.DanBurkholder.com