Digital Negatives & the Platinum/Palladium Print
Hands On Workshop
November 3 — Thursday, November 6, 2008
This will be an exciting workshop with a lot of new information.
Not only will you learn the PDN system and use it to successfully make
beautiful Platinum/Palladium prints, but also you should go home with the
knowledge and skills to use this system with your own workflow and equipment
for Platinum/Palladium and other alternative photographic printing processes.
We will cover:
* Calibration of the alternative process to make a digital
* Conversion of RGB images to monochrome.
* A simple workflow for preparing images to make negatives.
* Crafting digital negatives.
* Making Hybrid Curves with Curve Calculator II.
* The best methods of tweaking chemistry & negative to make
the perfect print.
* Maximizing tonality in prints.
* How to coat, print, and successfully process Platinum &
Palladium prints—it’s foolproof!
* The latest information from my work on controlling humidity and
PT/PD emulsion speed!
Location: Ed Carey
at 930 Alabama Street in San Francisco. Ed & Holly Carey, are both great
photographers and great hosts.
They have a 6,000 square foot studio that includes Max, a wonderful
We will also take an evening field trip to Ed Carey’s new gallery,
Gallery 291 and see the current show.
We may also have a surprise guest photographer appear at the visit and
show work J
Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
for further information and to sign up!