U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: gum preservatves

Re: gum preservatves

The importer of the powdered gum I use once sugested "one teaspoon sod benzoate" per 100 grs of powder as a preservative. I have, since then, used 2,5 grs sodium benzoate per 100 grs dry powder and the gum, once dissolved, indeed lasts certainly at least for 2 years. Sodium benzoate is a food preservative (E211) and might (?) be less toxic than alternatives.

Greetings,
Guido