From: Loris Medici mail@loris.medici.name
Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2008 15:34:32 +0300 (EEST)
To: alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca
Subject: Re: gum preservatves

FDA allows E211 in food unless concentration doesn't get over 0.1%. That's
why I'm thinking of reducing the amnt. in my next batch.

I first mix sodium benzoate then add gum, therefore it's also preserved
during time taking (at least 12 hours) dissolution process too.

Speculation alert: I'm not sure but I remember reading something like
"acidic gum is faster" (please correct me if I'm wrong), so maybe waiting
a little and adding preservative just before gum starts to rot could be
better. (Again, if I'm not mistaking gum gets more and more acidic as it
goes bad.)

What do you think?

4 Eylül 2008, Perşembe, 11:29 am tarihinde, Guido Ceuppens yazmış: