U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: A good range of gum colors

Re: A good range of gum colors

Interesting, Marek, thanks for report. (A slight nitpick: I assume you mean PB 15, thalo, not PB25.) I'll try that combination too.

On Sep 4, 2008, at 7:46 PM, Marek Matusz wrote:

I am back with Vista 64 and Photoshop installed. Works like a kitten on steroids. With all that memory it never hesitates. I am having some legacy hardware issues, so I might have to keep two computers for a while.
I am ready to post some color triads for tricolor gum. My new colors (PR 175 and PBr 25) came and I have been making swatches and just mixing them on paper. The Pb 25 (thalo blue), PY 150(nickel azo yellow) and PR175(deep scarlet) give a very nice neutral, but there is no way to have purples or violets mixed in that triad. Yet a very nice greens, oranges, earth and reds. I will definitely try that combination.
Marek