U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Gum website update

Gum website update

Marek, this isn't directly connected to your post, but I thought that since you were talking about pigments for tricolor gum printing, this might be an appropriate place to mention that I've finally got a page up about tricolor gum. It will probably be added to and improved over time, with more visual aids, but it's something I've been trying to get to for about three years and just wanted to let people know I've finally got something up there.

http://www.pacifier.com/~kthayer/html/tricolor.html

I've also re-organized the site for easier navigation, and reorganized and reconnected the galleries, which have been inaccessible since about two years ago when I tore everything apart in preparation for a planned major revision. Due to life events such as two moves, illness, surgery, and lots of work needing to be done to the house and yard of my new home, including building a darkroom (which was finished this summer) I've never got back to it til now. I still need to do quite a lot of rewriting of outdated pages (the pigment page comes to mind especially, as some of the paints I wrote about five years ago have been discontinued since then), but at least you can find your way around the site again, and there are a few new pages. Thanks for indulging this announcement; the website is purely for sharing information about gum printing, it has no commercial or promotional purpose.

http://www.pacifier.com/~kthayer/

Katharine

On Sep 4, 2008, at 7:46 PM, Marek Matusz wrote:

I am back with Vista 64 and Photoshop installed. Works like a kitten on steroids. With all that memory it never hesitates. I am having some legacy hardware issues, so I might have to keep two computers for a while.
I am ready to post some color triads for tricolor gum. My new colors (PR 175 and PBr 25) came and I have been making swatches and just mixing them on paper. The Pb 25 (thalo blue), PY 150(nickel azo yellow) and PR175(deep scarlet) give a very nice neutral, but there is no way to have purples or violets mixed in that triad. Yet a very nice greens, oranges, earth and reds. I will definitely try that combination.
Marek