U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | lithium bromide solubility ?

lithium bromide solubility ?

I'm hoping a chemist on the list can relate to me the solubility of lithium bromide in 95% ethanol at room temperature.

I purchased some of this salt recently to try a variation on a wetplate collodion formula and discovered it is extremely hygroscopic. Therefore, I'm planning to dissolve the salt in grain alcohol and use that as a stock liquid solution rather than measuring small quantities of the crystals and repeatedly opening the storage container to do so. I want to avoid adding any more water to the collodion mixture and since grain alcohol is already used in the formula, I'll add the salt to that before combining it to make the working mixture. I thought I had a source for the information, but it only lists the solubility of lithium iodide in ethanol and not lithium bromide.

Any help appreciated.

Joe