To: <alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca>
Sent: Sunday, September 14, 2008 8:16 PM
Subject: Medium format digital

Friends,
I'm looking to move from my 4x5 Deardorff to a medium format digital
system and am weighing the merits of Hasselblad vs. Mamiya and their
new digital cameras vs. putting a Leaf back onto one of the older
film style cameras (the Mamiya RZ67, the Hasselblad 501, 503, or
possibly even the Hassy Flexback ).I currently don't have a medium
format camera aside from an old Rolle, so will have to pretty much
start from scratch. Has anyone in the group experience or opinions on
either of these? I'm wondering about sensor size in respect to the
internal image projection size, the resolution of lenses made for
digital imaging vs. those for film, costs of the cameras as well as
parts availability (lenses and such). Predominantly, I'm an outdoor
shooter currently working on a project of documenting dolmens and
stone circles in Northern Ireland.

I'd love to hear you all weigh in before I go out and make a wrong
choice.

Thanks in advance,
Hans

"I have discovered photography.  Now I can kill myself.  I have
nothing else to learn."
- Pablo Picasso