U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Gum Color Gamut & Beyond CMYK?

Re: Gum Color Gamut & Beyond CMYK?

On Sep 21, 2008, at 11:00 AM, davidhatton@totalise.co.uk wrote:

Hi Katharine,

Yes I understand what you're saying. I just thought it illustrated a method of 'fine tuning' the image using 6 pigments rather than the 3 or 4 that most people use (for tri-colour work) and sort of fitted in with your discussion.
Yes, I understand too, and agree, and thank you for the example; it did indeed fit in well with the discussion. My point wasn't to dis your example, but simply to clarify that the six-color hexachrome model isn't the same as the six-color model that Bruce McEvoy was talking about.

It does seem rather a lot of work. I wonder why the man on flickr decided on this route rather than research his pigments? Maybe he did..

Well, maybe, but it wouldn't have taken much research at all to find a blue and yellow that would make much nicer greens than what he was getting with the pigments he was using.

kt