U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: oil printing

Re: oil printing

Judy,

Just a wondering thought: Is it on purpose that you omit the use of hardener in your gelatine layer? I also found more or less the same recipe on alternativephotogrphy.com, and there also the use of a hardening agent like glyoxal wasn't mentioned.
Is that correct, and if so, what's the reason for that?

And another question (you see, I'm curious)... why is that in oilprinting, a negative is used, while in the gumoil process (which sounds more or less the same...) you need a positive....

thanks already!

DJ