U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Masa-gum question for Keith Gerling

Re: Masa-gum question for Keith Gerling

I also buy it from Jerry's Artarama. I have two 100 sheet packs on hand,
since it's overseas shipment, I have to order it in bulk to cut down cost.
It's still very cheap even after adding shipment and customs fee...

Indeed, the paper is not easy to work with for gum. To me it's very
suitable for other iron based processes like Cyanotype, Argyrotype,
Vandyke / Kallitype and Pt/Pd (albeit the cold white base might not suit
some subjects depending your taste)... Gives deep blacks. I also use it
for making carbon tissue. (But one must note that there are cheaper
alternatives. Since my carbon tissue volume is very low, it doesn't hurt
me...) The paper is very strong; can resist overnight soaking. I haven't
tried it for inkjet but I think it can work for that purpose too. (e.g.
inkjet over Cyanotype, Pt/Pd...)

24 Eylül 2008, Çarşamba, 7:17 pm tarihinde, Keith Gerling yazmış: