U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Presses for Photogravure/Gravure/Photopolymer

Re: Presses for Photogravure/Gravure/Photopolymer

  • To: alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca
  • Subject: Re: Presses for Photogravure/Gravure/Photopolymer
  • From: SusanV <susanvoss3@gmail.com>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2008 14:07:23 -0400
  • Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com;s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:references;bh=Qrclo+PVQvT7rBDBU+KayYDLCoXeBliA/u98E+qP6ho=;b=RLCR+2QNqRZ+lrThTE2tluOmJnjF/hf2ww7hyKZHz7kHLO9RthYuyIP4f42F9Qm0To3EAhBRJMI7lyaJygPVhqpnl5TJ7u6R7aLQoCyCuCAeGPHYVIqKOi8zUG5PaGOs1I3+Z2TV4wBGcUWkYt0a3ofzx47G/te+jc46w41AsGY=

Hi Brian,

I had a press custom designed and hand built for me by Marshall Heaton, and I couldn't ask for anything more.  The press has been outstanding, and Marshall was great to work with on the design and build.  Mine is a "tabletop" design with a 10" top roller and a 10:1 ration gear system that makes it a breeze to pull a KM73 plate with Rives.  The bed size will easily handle a 22 wide paper, so I can print a 20" wide image (which I've not done "yet"... but it's nice to know that I "can"   :O) )  My husband and I built a base for mine that includes storage and industrial grade, locking casters which I love... I can push that sucker around out of the way when I'm not using it, and I keep most of my printmaking supplies in the base.  My degree is in printmaking, so I've used a lot of nice presses in various studios and universities through the years... and I wouldn't trade mine for any of them.

You can find more info here: http://www.geocities.com/workpress/

Good Luck!

Susan
--