U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Interval mechanism

Re: Interval mechanism

How accurately 4 hours does it have to be?

If it doesn't have to be that accurate, I'd consider astable
multivibrator oscilatting at say 9Hz, and use a
asynchronous counter to scale it by 1/131072 and then trigger
the shutter with the pulse edge. Another (more modern) way may
be to use a PIC or similar cheap programmable chip.

Either way, you want to find a cheap camera with electronic
shutter and motor winder.

If you don't understand what it is, I may suggest to find a
competent electronics enthusiast or amateur radio operator in
your neighborhood and offer something nice.

--
Ryuji Suzuki
"People seldom do what they believe in.  They do what is convenient,