U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Tricolor gum, order of layers

Re: Tricolor gum, order of layers

Thanks! It's finally done.  It has flaws and quite a lot room for
improvement but I think I'm finally there. See it here:
http://tinyurl.com/3njqgz

I've made a mistake in registration of the final C layer and had to erase
it by brush (you had to see me while cursing like crazy in the middle of
the night!). Therefore, it's a little bit harsh (the underlying layers
lost some delicacy during the cleaning process + there's some cyan pigment
stain here and there) but can be considered as good - especially for the
first finished print... Besides, portraits aren't easy - with all that
delicate tonality (unfortunately paper negatives aren't the best media for
bringing out those delicate tones - at least to my current experience). I
guess it would look much better if it was a landscape...

Thanks all for your valuable help!

29 Eylül 2008, Pazartesi, 2:41 am tarihinde, Katharine Thayer yazmış: