U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Tricolor gum, order of layers

Re: Tricolor gum, order of layers

Thanks for posting these, Loris. I think they're really helpful. I've been printing gum here for some months now, and also stayed up until 2 am the other night(!) doing the same-- but looking at these has been very useful. I think that's one of the issues all the "how to" books often miss (although a few very useful websites do include)-- examples of what some of these processes might look like at certain stages. When you're trying this at home, alone-- in the middle of the night-- that sort of reference could be really useful. I've often thought the "how to" books would be much more helpful if they showed images "in progress" like this, as well as what might be perceived as mistakes. To show only the perfect finished image is very nice and and awe-inspiring, for sure, but not always that useful. I know Jill Enfield does include examples like this in her alt process book, I believe-- including "mistakes," which I find generous and really helpful, though I don't think she has a gum chapter. Anyway, thanks!

Diana