U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | RE: Tricolor gum, order of layers

RE: Tricolor gum, order of layers

Not due both technical and artistic reasons. It's economy! :)

In my part of the world, we don't have good quality inkjet transparency
for good prices. I have to import Pictorico (which is already expensive)
with added overseas shipment + customs fees. Color gum requires at least
three negatives, and that makes every print (including experimental ones)
quite expensive! :)

I don't care about perfect sharpness + incredible smooth tonality anymore
-> this can be achieved with injet prints already. I'm looking for
something distinguishable (by average Joe/Jane) + something that I can
manipulate in every stage. Hopefully, to me gum is the right answer.

I'm not much interested in Pt/Pd printing anymore for the same reasons;
it's expensive (and importing chemicals is a PIA. Besides, I can buy all
gum printing material locally for very very good prices - better than your
prices...) and people (that is average Joe's and Jane's) don't understand
what's so special about them just by the looks.

1 Ekim 2008, Çarşamba, 4:36 pm tarihinde, Marek Matusz yazmış: