U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Paper negatives (Re: Tricolor gum, order of layers)

Paper negatives (Re: Tricolor gum, order of layers)

Hmm, it's often so hard to know whether we're meaning the same thing
by the same words.

I wouldn't call the Epson Presentation Paper a "special photo paper"
in fact I suspect that's why they renamed it to "Presentation Paper
Matte" because the name "Photo Quality Inkjet Paper " suggested more
of a photo paper than it really is. In substance it's more like a
coated typing or photocopy paper than anything else. Here's an
oiled negative made on this paper compared with an oiled negative
made on a different paper that I tried and rejected, when I thought
my old favorite had been discontinued (not realizing it was still
available under the new name). Second graphic on the page.

http://www.pacifier.com/~kthayer/html/Paperneg2.html

These are printed with color inks.

Katharine