U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Tricolor gum, order of layers

Re: Tricolor gum, order of layers

  • To: alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca
  • Subject: Re: Tricolor gum, order of layers
  • From: Loris Medici <mail@loris.medici.name>
  • Date: Fri, 03 Oct 2008 01:25:31 +0300 (EEST)

Yes, composite grayscale is exactly grayscale including color inks. With
my printer that means: back + light gray + some (very little I presume)
color ink...

Probably oiling would mask some of the paper texture... I noticed that the
paper you mention is a special photo paper. If I'm not mistaking, the
printers lay much more ink and use a much denser dithering algorithm with
those "photo" papers. Instead, I use a special type of plain paper (which
is quite translucent - and less textured / but there's still some texture
- compared to ordinary plain paper) and I print using the plain paper
profile provided in the printer driver (which lays much less ink and uses
a more visible / relaxed dithering pattern), and I think that's the main
difference leading to my pointillistic result which you haven't observed.

Hope this helps,
Loris.

1 Ekim 2008, Çarşamba, 12:13 am tarihinde, Katharine Thayer yazmış: