U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Paper negatives- Ink Selection

Re: Paper negatives- Ink Selection

Since the original post questioned the list on their ink settings I
did another comparision:
my previous post gave MY exposure times in MY setup using oiled and
un-oiled paper using a colorised negative, so I now did a furter test,
again with cyanotype (cheap and quick) using Chartthrob.
A Grayscale_Chart printed with a color 0;255,21 printed OK with an
exposure of 8 mins (ChartThrob white at 2, black at 100).
A Grayscale_Chart printed with All Inks needed an exposure of 24 mins
to arrive at the same density/tonal scale (ChartThrob white at 2,
black at 99).
 Funny enough the resulting curves were almost identical. I print with
an Epson 1290 using third party inks on Epson PQP oiled.
So does a correctly colorised negative aid in more speed when
printing? For me, maybe yes, but an all inks setup might be (a lot)
cheaper, especialy when using Epson single-color cartridges
Guido