U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Thanks Keith (my hero!) Re: Gum on masa, again

Re: Thanks Keith (my hero!) Re: Gum on masa, again

Great! Happy for you Katharine. Please share results as soon as you've
something to show...

I was thinking on adding water to the coating mix lately (which is an idea
which I don't like much, because I'm quite accustomed to my usual mix),
more correctly, how I could avoid it...

I have an idea (will try it ASAP, in a few days time): will use an
ultrasonic humidifier to excessively humidify the paper (not to the extent
of wetting it, but making it as limp as it is possible) before coating it.
Ultrasonic humidifier is already part of my work flow. I always humidify
the back and front of the paper after coating (I quick-dry the coating
with a hair drier), just before putting in the contact printing frame
(over a mylar sheet - to hinder moisture loss during exposure), in order
to get maximum speed. Now, I will try do it before coating and see what
happens.

14 Ekim 2008, Salı, 10:49 pm tarihinde, Katharine Thayer yazmış: