U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Paper negatives- Ink Selection&Baden-Baden

Re: Paper negatives- Ink Selection&Baden-Baden

Henk,
Another great print!
You're absolutely right: it is fun to discuss negatives, inks and
paints ... but in the end, surely for gum, it doesn't seem to matter
too much. Whatever you do you rely on experience and feeling. Whenever
I feel like it I test paper, inks, colloids ... and I now have a bunch
of notes and curves. I don't even use them anymore when printing gum
or casein, only when printing cyanotype I use a colorised negative
(paper or film) and a curve.
Groetjes,
Guido