U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Argyrotype

Argyrotype

Hi everyone!

So glad to have found this list and the incredible community that thrives here...

I just started with argyrotypes this week, trying papers, exposures, etc. Today I used distilled water for the clearing step and it helped maintain my dark values whereas my ordinary tap water here in So California, seemed to bleach back the image. I understand that adding citric acid can help quite a bit in this regard. If I held water overnight in order to let the chlorine dissipate and added citric acid, would that help with what I'm experiencing? Could another acid be used, maybe acetic acid or a bit of distilled white vinegar?

Thanks all...looking forward to participating here and learning from all of you!

Paul