U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Gum Calibration 2 (How to read color samples?)

Re: Gum Calibration 2 (How to read color samples?)

Hi Loris,

Your idea sounds good, however it doesn't fit with the instructions which come with the product and I haven't tried it. Give it a whirl and let us know how it goes. The problem I have with both these pieces of software is that, yes you get a good curve for each individual colour and yes you will get a fully tonal print from each colour, but when you lay one coat upon another all bets are off. The resulting images (IMO) are far too dark/dense.

Good Luck though

David H