U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Gum Calibration 2 (How to read color samples?)

Re: Gum Calibration 2 (How to read color samples?)

David, could it be that the pigment concentration is too much? I think the
problem lays right there. In an article by Sam Wang it was written that he
mixes his color to a saturation and luminosity close to the test patches
found in color newspaper (usually printed somewhere in the bottom or in
the middle of two pages). And I remember Katharine writing something about
this too...

P.S. Going to mix a new batch of gum (from powder) that will be used to
make stock solutions...

I will start with:

1+3 PY151 (15ml paint giving total 60ml stock)
1+5 PV19 Rose (15ml paint -> 90ml stock)
1+7 PB15:3 (15ml paint -> 120ml stock)

and dilute more as necessary.

24 Ekim 2008, Cuma, 9:06 pm tarihinde, davidhatton@totalise.co.uk yazmış: