U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: message to Diana from France !!

Re: message to Diana from France !!

Thanks for sending this along, Judy.

Hi Jean!

What a wonderful email to find this morning! Thank you so much for managing to find a way to get this to me, and for your comments. I assume you're receiving mail-- just not able to send(?). So I hope you get this.

I think I had my domain name for at least two years before I ever did anything about it. My problem was finding a website style I actually liked, and that I could easily arrange, navigate, and edit-- all on my own. Of course, the downside of VisualServer is that it's SO easy, that I find myself constantly editing. A couple of years ago, I discovered a great website designer, living in CA. He offered to do one up for me, but he was a little on the expensive side. He then offered to halve the price if I gave him a photograph, so I said, "Well, you know, why not take two?" But I never did anything about it, because-- in the end-- anytime I would have needed to make changes, I would have had to go through him to do so. So then my husband did up a really nice one for me last year, incorporating various elements/ideas from websites I'd seen that I really liked-- you know, basically, stolen ideas. (And he did it all for free.) But that presented the same problem-- it was so complicated, I couldn't edit or do anything on my own. I really didn't want to have to get a computer science degree just to be able to put up a website.

So, although I sound like I have stock in VisualServer (I really don't), I'm thrilled there's something like that out there. Putting it together, I had a couple of questions along the way, and the person who takes care of the site got back to me almost immediately and even called me once. I guess he could tell I needed special help. Anyway . . . check it out. You can go on there and do a free trial for 7 days, to see if you like it. And I gather that they're constantly updating, making changes, and creating more options, too.

Thanks again, Jean. I really appreciate your comments and certainly remember you as (at least one of) the most hard-working founding members of WWPD. ;)

I hope you get your email issues straightened out!

Diana