U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: my pigment dilutions

Re: my pigment dilutions

On Oct 25, 2008, at 10:19 AM, Loris Medici wrote:

25 Ekim 2008, Cumartesi, 8:08 pm tarihinde, Christina Z. Anderson
yazmış:

Dear All,
At this URL I posted a visual of my pigment dilutions:

http://christinaanderson.visualserver.com/Text_page.cfm?pID=2076

Thanks for that, that's helpful. Will analyze more deeply (by
comparing
our yellows) but at first sight it seems that both of the my planned
magenta and pthalo concentrations are considerably stronger (in
proportion
to yellow) than yours.

I think this may have more to do with pigment choice than
concentrations, Loris. The PY 151 is a very light pigment; to my
mind it simply can't hold its own with most magentas and cyans and
for that reason I don't recommend it for tricolor but prefer yellows
with a little more oomph to them.