U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | RE: gum prints on Yupo

RE: gum prints on Yupo

  • To: alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca
  • Subject: RE: gum prints on Yupo
  • From: Marek Matusz <marekmatusz@hotmail.com>
  • Date: Sun, 02 Nov 2008 15:43:16 +0000

Erie,
If you look closely at the pictures that I posted you can see the "imperfections" in the print, but these are best prints on Yupo that I kept.  Gelatin sizing was a total disaster with the gum layer not sticking to it at all.

What worked best for me is no treatment to the sufrace at all. Very thin gum layer (means dilute gum solution) rolled with a gum roller gives decent results. It seems that the thinner the gum the better the results. My exposures got very short as well, around 30 seconds. I wonder if scrubbing the paper with cleaning powder would help a bit?
Marek

> Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2008 18:07:00 -0500
> From: erie@shelbyvilledesign.com
> Subject: Re: gum prints on Yupo
> To: alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca
>
> Having only noticed the yupo threads in passing, I now find myself with
> access to a fair amount of it, mostly in 23x35 sheets of 8mil natural,
> does anybody have a resource with regard to sizing, etc.all in one
> place, or am I doomed to use Thunderbird's horrid search function?
>

> erie
>
> Rene Hales wrote:
> > Marek, the flowers in vases are stunning. --Rene

You live life beyond your PC. So now Windows goes beyond your PC. See how