U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Boy..... I sure am enjoying

Boy..... I sure am enjoying

Watching the election returns!!!!

Hehehehe

Mark Nelson
www.PrecisionDigitalNegatives.com
PDNPrint Forum @ Yahoo Groups
www.MarkINelsonPhoto.com

On Nov 4, 2008, at 7:25 PM, Judy Seigel <jseigel@panix.com> wrote:

On Sun, 2 Nov 2008, Diana Bloomfield wrote:

I don't know where I read this, maybe in PF Journal, Judy?-- Or maybe somebody on this list mentioned it. I can't remember-- but I read or heard, not all that long ago, that if you cut the 2 corner edges of those foam brushes, you end up with a more rounded-type brush, so when you brush your emulsion on, you can help eliminate the sharp edge lines you sometimes get with these foam brushes. I tried it, and it does work well-- for what it's worth.

I'm pretty sure I'd heard that, too, Diana, but don't think it was in P-F. However, though I'd actually done that myself a time or two, I found it may have made matters worse -- somehow the original edge was sort of cleaner, tho I didn't have a problem with edgelines anyway. Partly that may have been from having enough emulsion on the brush for ample flow, partly could have been using a semi- textured or relatively absorbent paper -- or maybe from holding the paper relatively vertical for a few moments after coating...

I don't remember, but, whichever, it goes to show you can't lose 'em all (especially with cyano!!!).

J.