Re: Platinum Solar.....
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: Platinum Solar.....
- From: ric kb <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2008 11:25:49 -0800 (PST)
- Comments: "alt-photo-process mailing list"
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=yahoo.com;h=X-YMail-OSG:Received:X-Mailer:Date:From:Reply-To:Subject:To:In-Reply-To:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Message-ID;b=mvMJyryNQkZqsrKGD4yXQ0M524cScAR8GCOih6x8WlyKCqnobG+c7LWZ3O9PbX++APVGp/zHU4sUsRuJNXhpmPXAoLPaLmpRJeikc4mFnc4b1wifI/QjNYeIp7pyOI/sfdmQiPPgJtoIb4SCZYU6UJV6sinuxw2j07Rj6P2XQ0Q=;
- In-reply-to: <5BE22E4B-81FA-4433-BA6A-8865F7240DE1@davidashcraftgallery.com>
- List-id: alt-photo-process mailing list <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Resent-date: Thu, 6 Nov 2008 13:26:03 -0600 (CST)
- Resent-from: email@example.com
- Resent-message-id: <20081106192603.1C50213B724@www.usask.ca>
- Resent-reply-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
A: If you are after the "brassing" or local reversal of the PRINT, the stuff on paper, then try pure Palladium...
A: Alternatively, if you want a LOOK of local reversal or enhanced edge effects, then why not make your negative do the visual heavy lifting?
PS. I have a 40 year old notebook with a comment I wrote that I cannot attribute to anyone (I was a/am lousy secretary) but it was that Salt in the developer could "sab" (solarize). What I am unclear about is that the note says:
"Pl sab in salt w/Silver chloride" -- I know I was not doing platinum prints then, but did talk with person who had done them for years, she wrote her PhD on making the paper...
HtH someone jog their memory..
--- On Thu, 11/6/08, David Ashcraft <email@example.com> wrote:
> From: David Ashcraft <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> Subject: Re: alt faqs
> To: email@example.com
> Date: Thursday, November 6, 2008, 8:50 AM
> First I am searching for info on pt/pd solarization how I
> can create it a.............<snipped>
> David Ashcraft
- Re: alt faqs
- From: David Ashcraft <firstname.lastname@example.org>