U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | cheap bromoil brushes

cheap bromoil brushes

  • To: Alt List <alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca>
  • Subject: cheap bromoil brushes
  • From: "Christina Z. Anderson" <zphoto@montana.net>
  • Date: Sun, 09 Nov 2008 09:40:45 -0700

Dear all,
I am in the bromoil "unit" of study in my Experimental class this semester, and I need some advice from the many more experienced bromoilists on the list.

I am blessed with two things--wonderful David Lewis brushes that Mark Andrews sent my way out of the goodness of his heart, and assisting David at Penland and learning bromoil from him. But my problem is this: how to find cheap enough bromoil brushes that also do really well for the students to buy? They don't have $80 readily available when the assignment is only one assignment of many.

Can anyone lead me to a cheap, GOOD bromoil brush they have used? I see Bostick and Sullivan have ones for $20 and I ordered a couple for our checkout at school and they are on their way. Has anyone used them?

Any and all brush help you can provide would be welcome.

BTW a great cleaner for brushes that he uses, which is cancer causing so use outside of course, is trichlorethylene, available at hardware stores by the gallon. It leaves no residue on the brushes.
Chris

Christina Z. Anderson
http://christinaZanderson.com/