U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Gum and Photogravure, was: varnishes

Re: Gum and Photogravure, was: varnishes

I didn't say anything about oil paintings in general since the substrate
is usually sealed before painting onto... (But nevertheless oil painting
has its own problems in other areas - not that it doesn't own its own
advantages in others.) About gum, the first thing that comes into my mind
is the fact that there are whole bunch of *pretty old* watercolor
paintings in museums / collections and such. Since the binder in
watercolor paints consist of mostly gum arabic, I don't see any reason to
be suspicious about it.

16 Kasım 2008, Pazar, 1:19 am tarihinde, Jon Lybrook yazmış: