U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: separations for gum printing

Re: separations for gum printing

Hi Marek,

With my admittedly limited experience with tri-color gums, my times are also fairly similar-- but I do think I also compensate with development time.  I did make a few CMYK prints, though (with the K printed as pt/pd), but those digital transparencies generated from CMYK (as opposed to CMY) are vastly different.  No need to even mark which is which, and --yes-- the differences are also easily seen onscreen.  Since I didn't print the black as gum, only as platinum, I didn't really get to appreciate what a CMYK would be like-- all gum-printed.  Never used RGB, though.

Diana