U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: cyanotype question

Re: cyanotype question

Hi Loris,
No, haven't tried acidifying the paper, tho I do have both citric and oxalic. But in practice, if I were to do a plain cyanotype I wouldn't use that paper. It just produces a kind of plain blah blue print.

My interest in the bleeding was wondering if the FAC was the culprit, if its molecules are the bigger ones that maybe don't sink in as well into the paper fibers, because it is the increased FAC that bled.

It's blizzarding and 12 degrees outside now; good day to stay in and print. If I could summon up enough energy at this end-of-the-semester.
Chris

Wow, thanks much for that Christina. Definitely useful / helpful... As for
bleeding with FAEW; have you tried to acidify the paper? I get none or
very little (depending on exposure) with acidified FATW.