U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: cyanotype question

Re: cyanotype question

Hi Judy,

That's an interesting observation. I think my problem was closer to the inadvertently lower gelatin used. I sized and printed again in the same comparative cold temperatures, and everything was fine-- back to normal-- though I think next summer, I'll size a huge batch, so I don't have to worry about winter.

As an aside, I feel that I am a "serious printer;" but I sure don't have a "temperature/humidity controlled studio." I'm thinking you have to be selling your work consistently, and at very high prices, to have that in place, and/or be living on a trust fund. I suppose there's a well-paying job one could have also, but would he or she then also qualify as a "serious printer?" My house, which I actually like a lot, isn't even "temperature/humidity controlled."