To: <alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca>
Sent: Saturday, December 13, 2008 4:35 PM
Subject: Re: lith printing and golfball grain

Chris:

....maybe it is just plain over-exposed & overdeveloped film that is "giving you the
large grain...."

terry

On Dec 13, 2008, at 5:11 PM, Christina Z. Anderson wrote:

Judy,
I have a lot of those books from that time that I have found at abebooks.com but won't know until you can locate the title.

I've taught lith now for 8 years, once a year, and I have not seen as much grain as I have this year on the Arista.edu paper. It's funny because I was recommending the students to use Bergger because that has always been excellent in the past, but the Arista was for sale at the university bookstore so they were the ones to turn me on to it in their practice.

I have no idea if Fotospeed changed their formulation or what. Or if papers have morphed.
Chris

Christina Z. Anderson
http://christinaZanderson.com/
----- Original Message ----- From: "Judy Seigel" <jseigel@panix.com>