U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: can inkjet and inkjet paper be used for alternative processes?

Re: can inkjet and inkjet paper be used for alternative processes?

Yes that is what I think - use refillable ink cartridges and put sensitizer into the cartridge. Using inkjet spray the sensitizer so it will form a quality emulsion on the paper, with thickness of the emulsion can be controlled.

May be I can even print the image onto the paper and save the printing frame and contact printing. Just put sensitized inkjet prints under the Sun or UV light and it will show the image. There is no need to generate digital inkjet negatives if this works.

The thing I don't know about, is if there is any particles and how small the particles is in the sensitizer; and how long the chemicals will keep as liquid form without forming into solid particles and have some deposit which will block the inkjet head.

Which alternative process is the best to try this method - the sensitizer has to have a good keeping property in the cartridge and as a liquid form without solid particles.

I am mainly interested in Vandike and Cyanotype. I probably want to try those two processes first.

Thanks,
- philip

Paul Viapiano wrote:
Hmmm...or maybe you wanted to just lay the coating down with inkjet instead of brushing???

Interesting...you could make it happen with 3rd party cartridges, I suppose and print a block of color from a PSD document. An interesting thing to try...

Paul

----- Original Message ----- From: "Paul Viapiano" <viapiano@pacbell.net>