To: <alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca>
Sent: Thursday, January 15, 2009 5:31 PM
Subject: Re: gum arabic

Laura,
What company, and what prices?

Kordofan was historically thought to be the best, though many said the gum didn't make a dif where it came from (Africa, Sudan, Sengal, East India, Alexandria). Kuehn preferred Kordofan, and then Ghenziri, and said Senegal gum did not print well, lifting off more readily and leaving a residue.

Since I have never had much choice in location of gum I never gave it much thought, actually, but I much prefer the gum Daniel Smith sells that is very light in color. But I do wonder how much difference gum makes from the different places....
Chris

Christina Z. Anderson
http://christinaZanderson.com/
----- Original Message ----- From: "Laura Valentino" <laura@this.is>