U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Custom color-separations in Photoshop?

Re: Custom color-separations in Photoshop?

Spot color separations?

No, on re-reading, I think you're talking about something more sophisticated. In a fairly recent thread, someone pointed to software (not Photoshop) that provides separations for two of the secondaries, I think, in addition to the primaries, but I didn't see anything that generates separations for all three. But that thread might be a good one to revisit.

Ah, I found it. The thread subject is "Gum Color Gamut & Beyond CMYK" starting September 22, 2008. On re-reading, I'm not sure it contains much useful information beyond the name of the application (Pantone Hexachrome) that makes the five-color separations. But you might read through to see for yourself.

Katharine