U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | RE: Albumen sensitiser question

RE: Albumen sensitiser question

Hi Eric

Thanks for your input. The recipe I’m following comes from Christopher James book http://www.christopherjames-studio.com/build/thebookreviews.html .

Lots of questions I’m afraid!

I’m interested in the way you maintain you AgNO3 bath with kaolin, that sounds like it will save me a lot of agro. I practice wetplate photography and maintain meticulously a silver bath for that. It’s wetplate negs I’m albumen printing. How do you maintain you bath? What is your recipe AgNO3/H20/kaolin/anything else? I understand why you use the kaolin but how do you measure the AgNO3 depletion? Is this by throughput, specific gravity and pH or by feeling/experience/sense? Can the same sensitiser be used for salt printing?

J.