U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: florencebiennale

Re: florencebiennale

Dear Henk, I haven't heard of this event before, but at first sight, 9
days seems pretty short for a contemporary art biennial, plus, I can't
locate any information about their conceptual framework - two facts which
contradict with my understanding of the concept.

Ours will last for almost 2 months (as usual):
http://www.iksv.org.tr/bienal/english/bienal.asp?cid=3&ms=1|1
http://www.iksv.org.tr/bienal/english/bienal.asp?cid=85

Also, AFAIK, nobody pays anything to the biennial committee / organizers
for exhibition space in Istanbul.

This looks more like a "commercial art fair" (could that be an oxymoron?)
than it looks like a contemporary art biennial.

7 Şubat 2009, Cumartesi, 8:59 pm tarihinde, henk thijs yazmış: