U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Mailing stuff for Judy etc.

Re: Mailing stuff for Judy etc.

Ah, Chris -- if I could see into the future I'd be running the world
(which, needless to say, would be a much better place):

When I originally laid out Post-Factory, I chose 9-1/4 inches wide by
11-1/4 inches high (trimmed size) because I'd been editing a women
artists' publication (which, if memory serves, had 5000 subscribers in
colleges & libraries !), and we found that folks took their issues to, for
instance, the university copy office & ran off 40 or so copies they handed
out to entire classes, distributed at fairs & panels, etc., etc., which,
besides breaking the law, was annoying, as we were very non-profit and our
price was anyway close to the bone.

So I chose a size (easily printed by offset on a web press that did 6
pages per plate) not so easily copied. Now that I'm reprinting early
issues digitally, which requires a slightly smaller size (pages made
slightly smaller by digital magic) they might fit into those flat-rate
envelopes, but that's only #1-3 (and I've sworn that when #4 runs out,
it's OVER !) and the total pile still won't go into two of them -- not
just the area but the thickness. (Then again, that was a while back --
maybe there's a larger envelope now? I'll try again, tho as I recall they
don't fit into two domestic flat-rates.)

Meanwhile, of course, when I want to copy an article on my own copy
machine (as I recently did for a friend P-F had run a couple of articles
on who had changed assistants & lost track of particulars), I have to
paste two sheets together to make a page -- a LOT more trouble than it
sounds.

(Then again some folks DO see into the future, but nobody listens to
them.)

Meanwhile & however, thanks for the suggestion -- I'll try it.

Judy