U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: UV light box construction

Re: UV light box construction

21 Şubat 2009, Cumartesi, 8:15 pm tarihinde, Ken Sinclair yazmış:
> Before I commit the sheet of plywood to the table saw, I have to
> believe that some
> users may have found there to be an optimum distance between the
> lamps, along
> with the distance from the lamps to the top of the print frame.

My setup is 1" between the lamps (lets you handle the lamps individually),
lamps 4" above frame glass. Works well -> speedy exposures without any
light banding. (But note that I use 40W 24" tubes with special-made
electronic ballasts... One ballast per tube.) I can cover 20x24" using
just 8 lamps with this box.