U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | UV light box construction

UV light box construction

Hi all...

I am now in possession of a sheet of baltic birch, 12 BL tubes, ballasts and
the correct number of 'tombstones' and am almost at what one might call
the 'final, too-late-to-change design' stage.

I plan on having the lamps on one 'surface' of the birch 'plate' and the ballasts on
the upper. I have planned to have this "rack" sitting on a 1 inch support around
the interior of the box to facilitate easy access when (and if) any of the parts need
changing.

Before I commit the sheet of plywood to the table saw, I have to believe that some
users may have found there to be an optimum distance between the lamps, along
with the distance from the lamps to the top of the print frame.

Practical advice would be very much appreciated.

Ken

Quando omni flunkus moritati (Red Green's Possum Lodge)