U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Gum Prints on wood

Re: Gum Prints on wood

Thanks, Loris!

1271 is from a Nutcracker Ballet performance two months ago.  The boy
playing Fritz happens to be my son and the girl playing Clara is the
sibling of another alt-listmember.  Small world, huh?  The subject has
more detail than I usually tend to choose for a gum.  In order to
maximize detail, I "played it straight" and reduced the amount of gum
artifacts and brushstrokes.  From a distance it DOES look like an
autochrome - or some strange C-print.  I probably wil do it over with
a different pigment for the cyan.  the autochrome-look is likely the
muted blue in action.

Keith