U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | RE: can't get green tone in gum--help please

RE: can't get green tone in gum--help please

Ultramarine is not a good blue for a nice array of greens IMO. Yet your problem is different from choosing a particular pigment. Go back to Photoshop and examine your RGB chanels (inverted) and compare them to your negatives. Did you by chance switch G and B separations? Does the B (yellow pigment) separation need slightly different curve or longer printing time. Check that your B negative is not too dense in the green part and you can actually print yellow through it. Can you post original colour image and the cyan/yellow print?
Marek