U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: GIMP vs. CS4

Re: GIMP vs. CS4

Feel free to shoot holes in this point- but I read MANY years ago (1997-98) that the first incarnation of Gimp
duplicated nearly all of PhotoShop 3 (NOT CS3) ( 1995?) features which included layers...
At this time PhotoShop had moved on to either version 4 or 5- so it seemed Gimp was
not even a 3rd place contender....
Like I said- please feel free to correct as Robert Palmer was signing "Your gonna have to face it - your addicted
to digital imaging" way back then...