U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Pond-moonrise (was: Re: Steichen image in April's 'Vanity Fair'

Re: Pond-moonrise (was: Re: Steichen image in April's 'Vanity Fair'

Yes, that's the one, thanks Henry! I wish we could see the reproduction. I don't have interlibrary loan privileges through any of the three libraries I have access to now, or I'd get it and scan it myself, while I'm on the wrong side of the law.

Anyway, that's more confirmation that either the color on that print has faded considerably in the last 20 years, or the Met has a really, really bad scan of it on their website. I'm more inclined to believe the first scenario than the second.

Katharine