U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: First print on Al

Re: First print on Al

Hi Rajul,

A new observation by my side: yesterday, I prepared a new sheet using
another brand (Talens) of acrylic ground and ta-da!... I got those water
bubbles too. It seems something related to acrylic gesso
brand/formulation. The one which didn't give me problems was Daler
Rowney's System 3 (not Cryla!) Acrylic Gesso. If I get it correctly,
System 3 is the student grade product group from Daler Rowney.

BTW, I sanded the surface with 180 then 600 grade sand paper and it's
really ultra smooth one -> I'll see how it prints tonight (or tomorrow
night).

Keith also mentioned water bubbles and he uses Liquitex if I'm not
mistaking. Try to find Daler Rowney System 3 Acrylic Gesso.

Can you please elaborate more about color merging?

22 Mart 2009, Pazar, 6:24 pm tarihinde, Rajul yazmış: